Avocado Papaya Salad
Posted on December 9th, 2016
One of my favourite recipes while I recovered this past summer was this amazing avocado papaya salad ? . Even though we’re now in the chilly months of winter, this salad still tastes delicious as a compliment to other meals or on its own.
Not only does it taste good but it also has nutritional benefits. Avocado, for instance, has vitamin E, iron, potassium and niacin. Avocados are high in monounsaturated fat (the good kind) and have fibre so you’ll feel full for longer. Winning! In addition, papaya has vitamin C, which helps to fight free radicals (the nasty stuff in the air from pollution, cigarette smoke etc). All this great stuff and it tastes incredible.
Avocado Papaya Salad Ingredients
1 ripe papaya (I used mango as a substitute. Mango is a source of vitamin E so it also can fight those free radicals..boom?!)
1/2 a small red onion
1 red chili, deseeded
1 large handful of basil
1 large handful of cilantro
1 lime, juiced and zested
juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon raw honey (or other sweetener of your choice)
1. If you choose to use papaya, peel and deseed the papaya. Cut into cubes. If you choose mango, peel the mango and cut into cubes
2. Dice the avocado into cubes
3. Dice the onion and red chili, and place into a mixing bowl with the avocado and papaya
4. Chop up the cilantro and the basil and add them into the bowl
5. Add the lime zest and mix thoroughly
6. Squeeze the lemon and lime juice into a separate jar, add a teaspoon of honey (or other sweetener) and add the salt. Mix well
7. Pour the dressing over the salad
8. Finish with a tiny bit of pepper
I hope you warriors enjoy this avocado papaya salad as much as I did! Let me know if you add any twists to make the recipe even better. It’s always fun to switch up old recipes!
Lots of love! Xo