Ginger and Turmeric Latte
Posted on July 12th, 2016
A personal favourite that I’ve been drinking is ginger turmeric lattes. Lots of great goodies in this goop recipe. My local grocery store didn’t have coconut sugar so I swapped it with honey and it still tasted great. Click here for the original post on goop.
- 1 heaped teaspoon peeled and chopped turmeric (I just used ground ginger)
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 cup almond milk
- a pinch of sea salt
- Put the turmeric, ginger, coconut sugar, coconut oil and pinch of sea salt in a blender. Blend well.
- Heat cup of almond milk on the stove with medium heat. Heat until it starts to simmer.
- Pour the almond milk into the blender and continue to mix until it’s your liking.
Ayurvedically speaking honey is a great way to increase Ojas. Ojas is our primal vigor, the foundation for mental strength and endurance. Stress and a bad diet greatly decrease Ojas. It’s especially important during this time of healing to make sure our bodies are getting the proper energy and nutrients they deserve. Fresh fruits, vegetables, milk, ghee, honey and ginger are also helpful to increase Ojas.